Back to main categories
COPY WRITING, PROOFING AND SPELL CHECKING
Having well written copy on your web site is essential, both for clear communication and for search engine optimization. The right text will make people stay on your site, and click further into it. Having copy that is spelled correctly is very important as well. If your writing is sloppy, your site does not look professional.
- Articles to help you write copy for your website - Need some good advise on how to write great copy for your web site? I am compiling a list of articles that can help.
- Writing for the Web - Research on how users read on the Web and how authors should write their Web pages.
- Great Article by Karon Thackston on copywriting makeover - Copywriting Makeover: Subtle Changes
Make A Noticeable Difference
by Karon Thackston
This article gives a real life example of a copy writing makeover for a web site with step by step examples of how the changes were implemented and why. It is a great resource for those of us looking to upgrade the copy on our websites.
- Brendan Van Voris - I am a student of English Literature, a novelist, essayist, blogger and editor. In a word, I am a writer. I'm young and recently engaged, but I know how to work for deadlines while under pressure. The work I produce is high quality, informed and original. I can do copy editing, content writing, ghost writing, blogging and even keyword articles. My fees are reasonable, and my work ethic is remarkable. Please consider me for whatever writing projects might come your way, and check me out at brendanvanvoris.com.
SpellWonder - I found this great program that will proof your entire website and send you a report with all of the spelling mistakes and links to them. If you sign up for it from this link you will receive 40% off the listed prices (which range from 4.99 to 49.99 for a 1-250 page site). Type your site URL in now and they will do a FREE report that will tell you how many mistakes are on your site. It can be VERY eye opening. I highly recommend this service.
- Barry Stringfellow - Barry has written for virtually every kind of media over the past 24 years. He’s written brochure copy, ad copy, magazine articles, newspaper articles, speeches, press releases, radio spots, web content and music reviews. He's also an accomplished television writer and screenwriter. He's worked on sitcoms, sketch shows, animated shows and live action shows, so you know he's good under pressure and he can add a light, engaging touch to your copy. He's sold four screenplays to major studios. His screenplay "One Last Thing..." was produced in 2005. You can see the trailer and reviews at his website barrystringfellow.com
- Shirley Collier -
- Writer with a clear and engaging style.
- Over 25 years of high-profile marketing experience in advertising, sales promotion, retailing and publishing.
- Winning copy and concepts for websites, catalogs, ads, newsletters, editorials, brochures, video scripts, PowerPoint presentations , PR and event planning.
- Developed creative craft at CBS, Conde Nast, Sears Roebuck & Company and Avon Products.
- Freelanced for Lane Bryant, other businesses, organizations, video and ad agencies.
- Industry honors, include two awards from The International Television and Film Festival of New York, a CEBA Advertising Award and an Iris Nomination.
- Virginia C. Jones - Maritime consulting, nautical research, free lance writing and secretarial assistance available from knowledgeable marine professional with 30 years experience in the industry. Narratives for website and brochures, and similar sorts of projects on Martha's Vineyard. Reasonable rates, prompt service. Please call Virginia C. Jones at 508-693-2436, e-mail at: email@example.com , or check out the website at: www.vineyardsailing.com.
- Susanna J. Sturgis - Susanna J. Sturgis edits books, booklets, articles, stories, essays, website copy, and almost anything else. If you've completed a draft, she can provide the critique and counsel that help bring your work into the world. And if your project is ready for prime time, she can do the down-and-dirty copyedit that polishes the prose - and catches the goofs that you don't want to find in the published version.
- Julie Roads - Julie Roads, M.Ed. has been writing professionally for over 15 years. Specializing in web copy,web marketing (PR, blogs, ezines, article campaigns), and driving traffic to your site, Julie also writes print marketing collateral. Known for capturing her client's personality and truly writing in their authentic voice. Julie@writingroads.com, www.writingroads.com, 413-281-6013, located in the heart of MVY.
- Joshua Johnson - Josh Johnson is an accomplished writer and columnist, with his work seen through out the US and abroad. With over 10 years of experience in technical and creative writing, Joshua Johnson is a highly creative and insightful writer. Starting as a small town columnist and business application writer, Josh has evolved into a nationally syndicated columnist with two prominent columns entitled: "Love, Life and Issues" and "Daddy Diaries". Also continuing with the technical / business aspects of writing Josh is sought after to write such entities as SEO content, press releases, product reviews, employee handbooks, company manuals, company newsletters, executive biographies, website content, marketing materials and manuscript reviews.
To schedule a meeting with Josh Johnson you may email him at either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Fully endorsed by the National Writer’s Association as well as Gannett Publishing, Josh is available for contract and freelance work.