Back to main categories
Information on how to optimize your web site for search engine placement and links to where you can submit your site.
- SEO CHECKLIST for organic search results - A comprehensive search engine optimization checklist for you site. How to research the right keywords, make sure your site is properly formatted and ideas for link building strategies.
- Successful SEO Needs Effort Not Quick Fixes by Mark Menadic - Mark's article is an insightful guide to search engine optimization and how to have it work for your business and not against it.
- Links to submit your site to search engines - I have compiled a list of links to help you submit your site to search engines.
Search Engine Visibility by Shari Thurow - A client of mine highly recommended this book. "Very helpful in explaining meta tags, hyperlinks, what search engines and databases look for, and building a site with keyword rich phrases in mind. Iíve just finished outlining my entire site via keyword phrases, and am excited to have a plan so I am building everything around SEO."
- Cool links for gathering SEO information - Here are some cool links that you can use to gather information to help with your search engine optimization.
- Keyword Selector Tool by Digitalpoint - This is a handy little tool will show you the results of your query from both Wordtracker and Overture for determining which phrases are searched most often.
Enter a search phrase below to see how often it's searched for, as well as get suggestions for alternate (but similar) keywords.
- Article: Design your site for traffic in 2005 - This search engine article contains some very sound web design suggestions for making your site functional/attractive both from a user stand point and a search engine stand point.
- Ranking Check - Keyword Verification - The keyword verification tool checks to see if your website has top search engine placement in the major search engines. It checks your search engine ranking in the top three results pages for up to two specific keywords or phrases of your choice.
- Link Popularity ToolSearch Engine Saturation - Search Engine Saturation is the number of pages a given search engine has in its index for your website domain. Not all search engines report this information, however, from the ones that do you can derive some meaningful information about your overall website promotion effectiveness.
- Search Engine Optimization by Bruce Clay - A very informative article on search engine optimization by Bruce Clay
- Keyword Selector Tool - Overture has a keyword selector tool. Just type in a key phrase and the tool will let you know how many time it was queried and what other similar phrases are.
- SEO Doctor - This free SEO Doctor search engine optimization tool will check the META information on your page only. Enter your URL and the primary keyword for the page. Testing will take a few moments, so please be patient. The SEO Doctor will spider your META information, analyze your page and display the results along with a diagnosis to correct any potential problems.