Now that you have the ability to upload images to your website, do you have questions on how to prepare them for the web? I have put together some tutorials using adobe photoshop elements which show the how to of resizing, cropping and some quick color correction. I have chosen adobe photoshop elements because it is a relatively inexpensive software ($80) and it is cross platform.
- Adobe Photoshop Elements for Windows – My image editing tutorial use adobe photoshop elements. This is a relatively inexpensive software that allows you to prepare images for the web. It is a paired down version of Adobe Photoshop (which costs over $600) adobe photoshop elements runs around $80 depending where you purchase it.
- Adobe Photoshop Elements for Mac – My image editing tutorial use adobe photoshop elements. This is a relatively inexpensive software that allows you to prepare images for the web. It is a paired down version of Adobe Photoshop (which costs over $600) adobe photoshop elements runs arounc $80 depending where you purchase it, and is cross platform.
- Resizing and Cropping Images – This tutorial walks you through how to resize and crop images in adobe photoshop elements – to prepare them for your content management interface.
- Selecting and changing line images – This tutorial shows you how to remove a line image from its background in Photoshop Elements. This is useful if you have a line drawing or signature that you want to upload to your website and have it match your website’s color.
- Preparing Graphics for the web – An article with tips on preparing your graphics for the web. It addresses the issue of why photographs uploaded to the web might appear less vibrant than on your computer, how to compose portraits and tips on taking product shots.
- Quick color correction using levels – Do your photos need a little color enhancement before you post them to the web? Here is a quick tutorial on how to easily polish up those images, bringing up or down the lights, the darks and adjusting colors.
- Cutting the background away from an image – This Tutorial takes you through removing the background from an image in photoshop elements, leaving you with the object in the image surrounded by a transparent field.